As you begin to take your ideas into the world and showcase your idea more and more you’ll need to think how you adapt your message. Not every person you meet will want to know your business model, some may. In certain cases your audience will want to understand the origins of your business, in some cases they may only be interested in your bottom line and potential for growth.
Whoever you’re speaking to, it’s crucial that you’re communicating with impact. That means you’re able
- Describe your idea in a succinct manner
- Outline the potential benefits for end users/society
- Provide an opportunity for those who wish to invest/assist
- Leave your audience with a ‘clear call to action’
- The only time you have to worry about communicating your idea is when raising money
- Everyone must have a 30-second ‘elevator pitch’
- Every idea is a ‘pitch’ where you must win people over.
Pitching Your Idea Structure
Communicating with Impact: Exercise
Take this opportunity to structure your own pitch using the structure indicated previously. Once complete we’ll then provide an opportunity to actually pitch your idea to other participants/